Connect To The Youth In Your Family By Connecting Them To Their Family History


Sunday, June 30, 2013

Independence Day decorating with Family History.


So I've found some new activities to do with my daughter.  She enjoys crafts and she was willing to put some 4th of July decorations together for the house with me.  We decided to give them a family history twist, and we both learned more about our past through the process.  I got to find out a little more about my father-in-law's navy service, and my daughter learned more about her ancestors who immigrated to the United States.

She was a good enough sport to help me with making a YouTube video about it. 


I'm obviously not a professional video producer but I have some other YouTube videos planned for this summer.  1) I think sometimes it is easier to show you things through a video, and I think it is easier to digest the information that way.  And 2) my daughter and I had a great time making it. 
You can follow them on my YouTube channel.

Let me know if any of these ideas work in your family.  I love hearing from you about what you have been doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment