I am so excited to announce our brand new My Danish Ancestor Activity Book. This 52-page activity book encourages youth to ask questions and delve into the Danish history of their family in a fun way. The “My Ancestors” hands-on workbooks create bonds between generations with hours of activities, puzzles, games, recipes, stories and crafts that can involve the entire family. Timelines, paper dolls, coloring pages, maps, music, dot-to-dots and crossword puzzles combine to give youth ownership of their own genealogy and the send them on a quest to bring their family history to life.
As I've said before, studies have shown that greater knowledge about family history strengthens and empowers youth by creating self-esteem, resilience and a greater sense of control over their lives. Learning about the family's past also strengthens the relationships between living family members by creating a shared experience and core identity that no one else in the world can duplicate. This new children’s workbook is designed to help kids gain the benefits of family history and start asking their family members about their shared past.
I have a particularly inspiring Danish ancestor and I'm excited to share this book with my children and someday with my grandchildren. But beyond that, this was our most requested book. These are activities, games, and questions that will help you discover the exciting lives of your Danish Ancestors. You can:
- Make some Danish rye bread and learn about Danish sandwiches
- Sing a Danish Folk Song
- Find some Danish family words
- Complete a dot-to-dot of a famous Danish castle
- Document what you know about your favorite Danish ancestor
- Learn about Danish royalty and Danish crests
- Solve puzzles about famous Danish people
- Make a special Julehjerte to honor your Danish ancestor
- Simple projects, recipes, and worksheets make it easy for your busy family to celebrate their Danish heritage.
You can purchase this book now, through our website. We'll also have plenty of copies on hand at Rootstech. Either way, you cannot go wrong when you use these books to introduce your children and grandchildren to your Danish heritage.