Connect To The Youth In Your Family By Connecting Them To Their Family History


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Getting Started With A Bang

I couldn't normally do this, but since no one knows about this blog yet, I'm going to broadcast that we are leaving town.  We are so, so, so excited.

I'm going to do it because we are about to take the trip of a lifetime, and what better way to start this blog?  We are going to Zap the Grandma gap in a big, big way.  I'm taking the family back to where my ancestry goes back into the 1600s for a Christmas holiday this year.  We are headed to England.  The mother country.  This is a long way to go to connect your children with their family history, but then that's just the start of where we are going with this blog. 

If you read my main blog, The Chart Chick, you'll know that I've been working for several years on investing my children in this Carpenter line of my family history.  I've taught them alot about this line, and last Christmas we worked on a huge extraction project as a Christmas gift.  Then last February, on my way to the Who Do You Think You Are Live Conference in London, I decided to take a detour and find the family farm.  It was so wonderful to be able to find this family history site.  Little did I know I'd be able to take my children the very next year to see where this family line started. 

We have a great opportunity right now because my parents are living there for a couple of years.  So we are going to seize the opportunity while it presents itself.  I'm excited to take the kids out to see where the Carpenters came from.  But more than that I'm excited to take them to see my parents.   As you'll see when the new book Zap the Grandma Gap comes out, I am blessed with wonderful parents.  My children need their influence.  So we are going to go connect them with their Great Great Great Great Great + Grandparents, but also very importantly their regular Grandparents too.  We're looking forward to a great trip, and I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Of course you don't have to go to these lengths to connect your family with their family history.  We'll let you know soon about all the ideas we have for easier ways to make those connections.   In another couple of weeks, we'll be launching our new book, and we'll be developing lots of resources for you to help you invest the next generations in your family history.  We can't wait to get started.  And we can't wait to hear from you too.  Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment